Today we want to help more Seattle residents stay informed about COVID-19 by sharing this excellent blog post by Joaquin Uy from the Office of Immigrant & Refugee Affairs which showcases community-reviewed translations of important Public Health recommendations as part of their mission to expand language access for Seattle residents:
**UPDATED March 6, 2020, 12:28 PM**
New languages added: Arabic, Khmer, Russian, and Thai.
- Información importante de COVID-19 en español.
- Thông tin quan trọng COVID-19 bằng tiếng Việt.
- 한국어로 된 중요한 COVID-19 정보.
- በአማርኛ ውስጥ አስፈላጊ COVID-19 መረጃ ፡፡
- Macluumaadka muhiimka ah ee COVID-19 ee af-soomaaliga.
- Важная информация о COVID-19 на русском языке.
- معلومات مهمة حول COVID-19 باللغة العربية.
- ข้อมูลสำคัญเกี่ยวกับ COVID-19 ในภาษาไทย
- ព័ត៌មានសំខាន់អំពី COVID-19 ជាភាសាខ្មែរ។
On the Coronavirus Disease 2019 website of our partners at Public Health – Seattle & King County listed below, you’ll also find the Novel Coronavirus fact sheet one-pagers they have produced in 11 languages: Amharic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, English, Khmer, Korean, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Where to get the most up-to-date public health information
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), DOH, and PHSKC have issued specific guidance to help communities and businesses prepare. You can find guidance for the general public, schools, workplaces and employers, travelers and health care professionals as well as a more detailed Q&A here.