Through an expedited competitive Request for Proposal Process (RFP), the City of Seattle Human Services Department (HSD), King County Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS), and King County Metro are making available $312,500 in additional King County Human Services Reduced Fare Bus Tickets for 2012. Available funding will be split between the City of Seattle HSD and King County DCHS. Agencies will be responsible for 20% of the cost, with Metro subsidizing the remaining 80%.
Who Can Apply: This application process is open to any agency located in the City of Seattle serving primarily homeless and low-income City of Seattle residents. You do notneed to be currently participating in the Human Services Reduced Fare Bus Ticket Program to apply.
To apply to the City of Seattle program, download the Application for Reduced Fare Bus Tickets and see Guidelines for Reduced Fare Bus Tickets. If you have any questions, please contact Lindsey Zimmerman at Lindsey.Zimmerman@seattle.gov
If you are an agency located in King County, outside the City of Seattle, you can access the King County application at this Web site. For more information about the County process, contact Anna Strahan at Anna.Strahan@Kingcounty.gov
Due Dates: Applications will be due by 4 p.m. on Friday, November 2nd, 2012. Any ticket funds awarded through this process must be purchased by December 21st, 2012.
Please note: These funds are in addition to the funds available for the 2013 Metro Human Services Reduced Fare Bus Ticket Application. Agencies interested in applying for the 2013 Metro Human Services Reduced Fare Bus Ticket Program must complete a separate application; this application will be posted the first week in November 2012.