On Tuesday, Dec. 10th, 7:30-8:40 p.m., Town Hall Seattle on 8th Avenue and Seneca, honoring the Seattle Human Rights Commission’s 50th Anniversary and the presentation of the 2013 Human Rights Awards. The guest speaker is Therese Caouette, Executive Director of Partners Asia. 2013 Human Rights Awards:
- Organization: University of Washington Center for Human Rights and Seattle University School of Law.
- Individual: Yasmin Christopher.
- Youth: Josefina Alanis-Mora, social justice advocate and student at Northwest School.
- Business: Joe Fugere, CEO of Tutta Bella Restaurant.
- Excellence in Inclusion: Councilmembers Sally Bagshaw and Tim Rasmussen.
For more information or to request an accommodation for a disability call the Seattle Office for Civil Rights at 206-684-4500 or check the Web site.