The five-part series “Our City, Our Schools” premiered this week on the Seattle Channel. The series chronicles levy programs that help bolster student success in school. For details visit this Web site. One of HSD’s Step Ahead preschools, South West Early Learning Preschool, is featured in the series.
The Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) is now enrolling for the 2013-14 school year. The program is funded by Washington State Department of Early Learning and the City of Seattle. ECEAP is a free half-day preschool program for 4-year-olds whose families live or work in Seattle.
- Our preschools prepare your child for kindergarten.
- Our preschools honor family, culture and language.
- Our preschools help develop the skills and love for learning that lead to success in school and in life.
For more information call the Seattle Human Services Department at 206-386-1050.
Slots are now available for high-quality, low-cost preschool for the 2013-2014 school year through HSD’s Step Ahead Preschool Program funded through the Families & Education Levy.. Step Ahead preschools are located in numerous locations in Seattle. Step Ahead teachers have degrees in early childhood education and receive continuing education. Schools feature small class sizes and enriched learning environments. Bilingual programs and staff are available.
- Children must be three or four years old by August 31, 2013
- Families must live in Seattle city limits
- Parents must be employed/training
- Must meet the income guidelines based on family size
Call 386-1050 for more information or visit this Web site.