Victim Support Team volunteers needed – Training will be provided
HSD’s Safe and Thriving Communities Division is recruiting community volunteers to offer support to survivors of violence in their unique time of need.
About becoming a Victim Support Team volunteer:
· VST community volunteers represent diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
· No experience in social work or counseling required.
· Free onboarding, training, and mentorship will be provided.
· The Victim Support Team provides short term advocacy, safety planning, and referrals to culturally specific resources.
· VST volunteers provide an in-person response on the weekends and remote phone advocacy during the week.
Benefits of volunteering with VST:
· Make an important impact, providing compassionate and non-judgmental support.
· Join a professional community of experts in the field of victim advocacy.
· Gain skills and knowledge in survivor advocacy and build community connections and relationships.
Please visit VST Volunteer Opportunities – HumanServices | seattle.gov for more information and to to apply online.
· Applications are open now, deadline to submit is March 1st, 2023
· Must be 21+ and pass an SPD background check